Friday, January 19, 2007

Australia - Sydney


If you have to go to a city for vacation - Sydney is a great location. Apparently, Sydney is known as a beach city, but I loved it. Our hotel was near the wharf area, the botanical gardens, harbor bridge and opera house.

I have too many pictures of the Sydney Opera House. We did of tour of the inside - no pictures allowed, but great. Below is a close-up picture of the tiles on the roof of the arches. 1.5 million tiles, especially made for the arches to self clean when it rains.




We also went to the Sydney Zoo - of course the highlight was the animals from down under.


Okay, the giraffes have one of the best views of the harbor with the opera house in the background.

Yes, Priscilla is now a musical. I took my parents. My father even liked it. It is campier than the movie and suppose to come to Los Angeles this summer.


Okay, so we are suckers for a good garden. The fox bats covered many of the trees in the middle of botanical gardens.


I had to put this picture in for Rodney - Shangri-La hotel. Who knew?

No comments: