Friday, December 17, 2010

My Father Will Filibuster Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell And Lose

Senator John McCain’s daughter, Meghan McCain, predicting her father will be on the wrong side of history, threw him under the bus on the upcoming “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” repeal vote Wednesday night on “The Last Word.”

“I think my father will filibuster probably. And I think that this will probably pass, and I think gay marriage will pass in this country.”

Lawrence O’Donnell then asked Ms. McCain what would she say to lobby GOP senators who aren’t as entrenched as her father. Meghan’s reply:

“I would make to them that they would want to be on the right side of history. That’s where I’m standing out of this. I think gay marriage and everything having to do with the gay rights movement right now is a civil rights issue. I think it’s my generation’s civil rights issue. Do you want to look back at this time the way I look back at a time when women couldn’t vote?”

No comments: