Saturday, April 14, 2012

Whether I'm Married or Not is Irrelevant

Yesterday Republican presidential candidate and NOM investigator Fred Karger sent out an email speculating that 'marriage defender' Maggie Gallagher may not actually be married because she never wears a wedding ring in public or appears with her husband Roman Srivastav.

Maggie_gallagherGallagher spoke to Buzzfeed about Karger's accusations:
Gallagher laughed when asked about Karger's speculation, and said "I think I would know better than Fred."
Gallagher, who was a single mother for years after college, says she married her husband Raman Srivastav in Arizona in 1993: "We are still married and living together. He's a very private person."
"They just make up all kind of stuff about me," she said. "It doesn't really matter. I could be divorced and I still could not be for gay marriage. I don't really see that it's relevant. It is a fact — I am in fact married. I've only been married once. I am not about to get a divorce."

Said Karger, who has been pursuing NOM's corrupt election finances and tactics for years: "I'm taking the gloves off. I've been a little reticent to go after [Gallagher] personally, but no more."

No comments: