Monday, June 18, 2012

Janice Daniels Compares Homosexuality to Smoking



Troy, Michigan mayor Janice Daniels, who faced outrage late last year over a Facebook update that read "I think I am going to throw away my I Love New York carrying bag now that queers can get married there" and months later said she wanted an expert to testify that homosexuality is a mental illness at an anti-bullying forum spoke out again this week as she faces down a recall vote in November.

Daniels appeared on Charlie Langton’s morning show Wednesday on Talk Radio 1270, CBS Detroit reports:

“What I said while I was mayor … I was in a business meeting, I come from a business perspective … I said that I would bring a doctor into a meeting that would say that the homosexual lifestyle is dangerous,” Daniels said, adding,”Had I been with a group of smokers I might have said I would like to bring a doctor into this meeting to say that smoking is dangerous.”

Is it dangerous to be gay? Langton asked.

“I think that doctors can make a case for it certainly,” the mayor said, adding that she “had no opinion” on whether being gay is more dangerous than smoking.

No comments: