Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dear Mr. President


Pink sings to Mr. President.

Here are the lyrics:

Dear Mr. President - Come take a walk with me - Let's pretend we're just two people and - You're not better than me - I'd like to ask you some questions if we can speak honestly - What do you feel when you see all the homeless on the street - Who do you pray for at night before you go to sleep - What do you feel when you look in the mirror - Are you proud How do you sleep while the rest of us cry - How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye - How do you walk with your head held high - Can you even look me in the eye - And tell me why Dear Mr. President - Were you a lonely boy - Are you a lonely boy - Are you a lonely boy - How can you say No child is left behind - We're not dumb and we're not blind - They're all sitting in your cells - While you pay the road to hell - What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away - And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay - I can only imagine what the first lady has to say - You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine - How do you sleep while the rest of us cry - How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye - How do you walk with your head held high - Can you even look me in the eye - Let me tell you bout hard work - Minimum wage with a baby on the way - Let me tell you bout hard work - Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away - Let me tell you bout hard work - Building a bed out of a cardboard box - Let me tell you bout hard work - Hard work - You don't know nothing bout hard work - Hard work - Oh How do you sleep at night - How do you walk with your head held high Dear Mr. President - You'd never take a walk with me - Would you

No comments: