Monday, August 4, 2008

The Garden

I love when the dragonflies visit the pond. This is one of the first ones I have seen this year. The past few years I haven't seen many in the spring and summer - the first few years I had the pond, there would be a dozen dragonflies every day. I am glad they are coming back...



The garden is well underway with veggies. The early girl tomatoes are rippening - very juicy. My romas are still green, but it shouldn't be long before they are ready to pick.
My japenese eggplant is having a little trouble again this year, but the white eggplant are off to a great start.

The tomatillos are huge. Sean and I gather a bunch of them, roast them along with some peppers and onions, and make a great salsa after a quick mix in the food processor.

Four different types of peppers this year. Just the jalapenos and yellow banana are shown. We made our own "poppers" the other day - yummm.

We planted zucchini, pumpkins, and watermelon. The zucchini is growing faster than we can eat it. The pumpkins (three types) are going great. The watermelon isn't doing anything. Don't know what happened to it. The plant is still about 5 inches tall. We also had some volunteers from last year - a white squah and one of the types of pumpkins. We just let them grow and will enjoy them again this year.




No comments: