Saturday, October 10, 2009

Electric Version of Smart Fortwo to be Made in Hambach, France

The Diminutive Urban Car Goes ElectricFrance is on a roll, it seems. Not long after announcing a $2.2 billion (1.5 billion Euros) investment in electric car charging stations, Daimler is announcing that it has selected a factory in Hambach, France, to mass produce its Smart Fortwo Electric Drive starting in 2012. Président Sarkozy (nice smile) was present for the announcement, and said that the French government would support the project with various measures adding up to about 15% of the costs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so excited I found your website, I really found you by accident, while
I was looking on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a incredible post
and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I
don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have
time I will be back to read much more, Please do
keep up the awesome work.

Also visit my blog post; cash converters cash advance
My web site :: apply cash advance