Thursday, August 19, 2010

Coulter Dropped From Conservative Event

Organizers of a conservative conference have dropped Ann Coulter as its keynote speaker after she agreed to headline GOProud's Homocon because the gay conservative group promotes marriage equality and ending "don't ask, don't tell."

Joseph Farah, editor and CEO of right-wing news site World Net Daily, which is sponsoring the Taking America Back National Conference, said Wednesday the decision was tough because they like Coulter.

"Ultimately, as a matter of principle, it would not make sense for us to have Ann speak to a conference about 'taking America back' when she clearly does not recognize that the ideals to be espoused there simply do not include the radical and the very 'unconservative' agenda represented by GOProud," he said. "The drift of the conservative movement to a brand of materialistic libertarianism is one of the main reasons we planned this conference from the beginning."

Coulter, whose weekly column appears on World Net Daily, told Farah that just because she speaks to a group does not mean she endorses their views.

"I'm sure I agree with GOProud more than I do with at least half of my college audiences," she told WND. "But in any event, giving a speech is not an endorsement of every position held by the people I'm speaking to. I was going to speak for you guys, I think you're nuts on the birther thing (though I like you otherwise!)."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.