Monday, October 27, 2008

Fait Comes Out and Say No on 8

Glenn Fait, former GOP mayor and councilman of Folsom, California, comes out of the closet with an ad in the paper announcing he's gay and urges people to vote 'No' on Prop 8: "Fait, 65, said he felt so strongly about his opposition to Proposition 8, the ballot initiative that seeks to ban same-sex marriage, that he decided to out himself to the community where he has lived for more than 40 years. 'I think people will be surprised,' said Fait. The one-time president of the Rotary Club said he wanted to do something beyond donating and volunteering against the ballot measure. 'For weeks, I was trying to figure out what I can do and then I thought, well, I can do this.' Fait paid $660 for the quarter-page ad that ran Wednesday in the weekly Folsom Telegraph, which has a printing of 17,000. 'I have lived in Folsom most of my life,' the ad began. 'As a gay man, I have a personal interest in Proposition 8. My civil rights are at stake.'"

No comments: