Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lake Tahoe - Family Vacation

The family vacation was at Lake Tahoe this year. My father was been wanting a skiing vacation for a while now... a few weeks prior, he broke his leg. So, he wasn't able to do much.

For the first three days: SNOW! We had 51 inches of snow. It was great.




These are some views for the room.



It was beautiful!

My mother, Karen, Diane and I did a little snow shoeing "lession." Again, beautiful! I did three snow shoeing trips. (more later)


The views were incredable.


Below is a picture of the gondola from near the Lake to part of the ski slopes. It was snowing at the resort we stayed in, but raining in the city. You can see how the gondolas disappear into the snow half way up the mountain.


At the top of the gondolas, they also have a little "adventure park." Sean is below getting a ride on the tube.

Diane on her way down the tube run.


Half the ski slopes are in Nevada and half in California.


Maps of all of the ski runs. I think there are 84 runs.

We went skiing one day... I don't have picutres, because I didn't have my camera... but below is the section that I stayed in most of the time.

Sean and I.


Taking the gondola back down the mountain. You can see how clear the skies were.


I great view of Lake Tahoe from the gondola.


The next day, we went snow shoeing in a park to actually get to the lake.


Diane (above) Sean (below)


Karen and Diane at the lake.

And having a little fun on the way back.


Okay, last time snow shoeing... Sean, Jeff and I headed up the ridge to see the lake from above. About half way up we had to make our own trail.

A view back at the resort we stayed at.


Jeff climbing up the mountain... it wasn't easy!


Another view of the resort from a bit higher up.


Sean and I at the top of the ridge with Lake Tahoe in the background.


And then we head back down.



Yes, it was a steep climb!

I loved being able to spend some time with my nephews!


Adrian was not a big fan of the snow! He didn't want to touch it.

Jayden is getting older... okay, so he is only 9 months.
Riding the sled in the hallway: Adrain and Jayden.

No comments: