Friday, February 10, 2012

Nancy Pelosi Launches 'Stop Colbert' Campaign



Nancy Pelosi announced a new campaign to "Stop Colbert" on Thursday, in an effort to pass super PAC transparency legislation -- and perhaps get revenge on behalf of her "friend, Newt Gingrich."

"Stephen Colbert used to be my friend. I even signed the poor baby's cast when he hurt his hand," Pelosi deadpans. "But since the day he started his super PAC, taking secret money from special interests, he's been out of control, even using his super PAC to attack my friend, Newt Gingrich. And if that weren't enough, I hear he doesn't even like kittens."

"Join me in stopping Colbert and creating a new politics free of special interest money. The first step is passing the DISCLOSE Act," she says, directing viewers to a Facebook website.

No comments: